1. There is a leak in your house water system. Where can you shut of the flow of water?
A. Ball valve
B. Closed valve
C. Gate valve
D. Check valve
2. This tool works well for many plumbing jobs. It is used when installing a pipe or a plumbing fixture to make it plumb (vertical) or level (horizontal), which tool is this?
C. Plumb bob
3. Joining pipes of similar or dissimilar sizes or materials running along a straight path needs a connector. Which connector is that?
A. Plastic bond
4. When repairing permanently installed water supply pipes, what fitting do you use to easily connect the ends of two pipes?
5. To make the rain water pass through from the roof down to the ground, what do you need to install?
6. What is the purpose of installing check valves in the piping system?
A. To reduce the water pressure
B. To prevent water to flow freely through PVC pipes
C. To protect the gas from leaking out
D. To prevent waste back flow
7. A person who installs pipes, fixtures and other apparatus to convey and supply water in building and to dispose and discharge waste water.
8. It is a receptacle or vault used to collect organic waste discharged from the house sewer?
A. Septic tank
C. Water tank
D. Waste tank
9. The semi-liquid substance accumulated at the bottom of the septic tank.
10. An underground tunnel that carries off the drainage and waste matter from a home or town is called _____.
A. Drainage system
11. The pipe that conveys waste from various fixtures other than from the water closet.
A. Waste pipe
B. Soil pipe
C. Vent pipe
D. Drain pipe
12. It is a fitting or device that provides liquid seal to prevent the back passage of air.
13. The tools used to tighten or loosen hexagonal fittings like unions and other metal fittings.
A. Pipe vise
14. The kind of fitting used to connect fixed pipe and fixtures is a _____.
A. Wye fitting
C. Union fitting
15. A fitting or device installed at the inlet of a water pump to prevent backflow of water.
A. Ball vaive
B. Check valve
C. Backwater valve
D. Gate valve
16. It is a device installed in water lines that can be closed or opened to allow installation or troubleshooting of fixtures.
A. Check valve
B. Gate valve
C. Ball valve
D. Float valve
17. A schedule 40 pipe is:
A. Thicker than schedule 20
B. Thicker than schedule 80
C. Thinner than schedule 10
D. None among the choices
18. What material is used to seal off threaded fittings to avoid leakage?
A. Masking tape
B. Teflon tape
C. Scotch tape
D. Adhesive gum
19. What must be installed to prevent siphonage or backflow of the water seal in the drainage system?
A. Vent pipe
B. Drain pipe
C. Soil pipe
20. What is the ideal inclination of aa horizontal waste pipe as recommended by the National Plumbing Code?
A. 2% slope or ¼ inch per foot
B. 3% slope
C. 4% slope
D. 0% slope or level position
21. For purposes of troubleshooting in case of stoppage of flow, what must be installed in the pipe system?
A. Vent pipe
D. Tee fitting
22. Plastic pipes are commonly used in water fixture installation nowadays. Which of the following is preferred?
A. Polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
B. Chlorinated PVC (CPVC)
C. Cross-linked polyethylene (PEX)
23. The Plumbing Code on House Drain provides that there must be no more than two closets that shall discharge into a _____ pipe diameter.
A. 3 inches or 75 mm
B. 80 mm
C. less than 75 mm
D. 70 mm
24. A metal or plastic fitting used to connect smaller pipe from a larger pipe.
25. As a basic pre-requisite for most plumbing project, what should be connected to each faucet, toilet, and fixtures?
A. Fixture shutoffs
B. Main shutoffs
C. Intermediate shutoffs