Common Board Exam Questions in Purposive Communication in English Set D
1. What is language that refers to the language or dialect that is spoken by people that are inhabiting a particular country or region?
2. What type of language register wherein the communication is private, usually used between lovers or other close family or friends?
3. It is a communication disorder that occurs due to brain damage in one or more areas that control language.
4. It refers to the various materials or publications which are printed on paper and are distributed.
5. What do you call to a movement of part of the body, especially a hand or the head, to express an idea or meaning?
6. It refers to data or facts, shared every time a sender communicates something to another person.
7. What form of communication happens between two persons?
8. What type of barrier refers to the poor listening skills, egoistic, interpersonal trust, and ability to communicate effectively?
9. It refers to any form of education or teaching that incorporates the histories, texts, values, beliefs, and perspectives of people from different cultural backgrounds.
10. What do you call to a set of familiar words within a person’s language?
11. It refers to the perceived attitude and level of formality associated with a variety of language.
12.It is a language produced by articulate sounds, an oral language is a produced with vocal tract. It tends to convey subjective information.
13. What is the speech given in honor of someone who has died?
14. It is a very interesting and peculiar speech because it is designed to both praise and good-naturedly insult a person being honored.
15. It is a subject-oriented writing style, in which authors focus on telling you about a given topic or subject without voicing their personal opinions.
16. It is a style of writing that focuses on describing a character, an event, or a place in great detail.
17. The main purpose of this style of writing is to tell a story.
18. The main purpose of this style of writing is to convince, it contains opinions and biases of the author.
19. In global village, people are no longer distant and isolated because they are being connected by what?
20. Refers to a communication that happens using the technological tools of Information and Communication Technology as a mode of exchanging information to one person or another.
21. What is a software package designed to create electronic presentations consisting of a series of separate pages or slides?
22.Facial expressions, gestures, postures are non-verbal cues called what?
23. Who is the Father of Modem Communication?
24. What do you call the formation of clear and distinct sounds in speech?
25.Who is the Father of Debate?
Source: Carl Balita Review Center