Common Board Exam Questions in Purposive Communication in English Set C
1. The purpose of this language register is very specific-to get help with something.
2. Refers to that type of reading in which students read and refer to large quantities of material, chosen by themselves.
3. Type of reading in which the material has to be read carefully and thoroughly, to get specific details.
4. Features of language use that result in miscomprehension or complete loss in communication.
5. Language or words that are specific to a particular profession.
6. Refers to cognitive bias, wherein the interviewer makes a judgement about the applicant’s overall potential for the performance of the job, considering a single characteristic, like the way he/she talks, sits, dresses, etc.
7. It is the study of meaning, signs and symbols used for communication.
8. It is a reference book or online resource containing an alphabetical list of words, with the information given for each word.
9. It is written to offer a solution to a problem or an action in answer to a need such as a need for financial support for a special project.
10. It is a short literary composition on a particular theme or subject.
11. It is type of listening that aims to seek pleasure and personal satisfaction.
12. It is an element of communication that interfere with communication process.
13. The act of delivering speeches in public.
14. The distribution of audio or video content to a dispersed audience via any electronic mass communications medium.
15. It is a kind of noise that refers to things like hunger, fatigue, headache, stress. or really anything that prevents you from giving your full attention to someone sharing his thoughts.
16. What do you call to the external and unnecessary sound that impedes effective communication?
17. It is a communication barrier caused by misunderstandings about the meaning of words.
18. Daydreaming or having your thoughts elsewhere while someone is speaking to you are examples of what communication noise?
19. Jon is a Russian student at the University Putra Malaysia. He extends a handshake to his Malaysian female friend, but she declines. Jon is humiliated as a result. Later, he realized that women in Malaysia do not like to handshake men, what kind of communication barrier is shown?
20. It refers to a new language that develops into situations where speakers of different languages need to communicate but do not share a common language.
21. What is a speech that a person delivers without predetermination or preparation?
22. What principle of communication states that communication should be done at proper time so that it helps in implementing plans?
23. What is the term that refers to the right manner or protocol for communication on the Internet?
24. What is a form of writing used in academic and professional contexts that summarizes the writer’s arguments supporting a certain issue?
25. What do you call to a speech delivered with some prepared structure, such as notes or an outline, but is otherwise delivered off-the-cuff?
Source: Carl Balita Review Center