Criminology Licensure Examination (CLE) is a board course that is usually conducted during the months of May or June and November or December each year.
To pass the Criminology Licensure Exam, you must have a rating of 75 without any three subjects having below 75% rating.
For example, if you get an overall rating of 85%, then you have 3 subjects with a grade of 74% below, still, your remarks is FAILED.
So, to secure your license in the upcoming examination, you need to be acquainted with the coverage.
Knowing the coverage of the exam will help you what to focus to study.
This exam covers the following areas or subject but shall not be limited.
1. Criminal Jurisprudence and Procedure – 20%
- Criminal Law Book 1
- Criminal law Book 2
- Criminal Procedure
- Court Testimony
- Related Special Penal Laws
2. Law Enforcement Administration – 20%
- Police Organization and Administration with Police Planning
- Police Patrol Operations with Police Communication System
- Police Intelligence
- Police Personnel and Records Management
- Comparative Police Systems
- Industrial Security Management
3. Crime Detection and Investigation – 15%
- Fundamentals of Criminal Investigation
- Special Crimes Investigation
- Organized Crime Investigation
- Fire Technology and Arson Investigation
- Traffic Management and Accident Investigation
- Drug Education and Investigation
- Vice Control
4. Criminalistics – 20%
- Forensic Photography
- Personal Identification
- Forensic Medicine
- Polygraphy (Lie Detection)
- Forensic Ballistics
- Questioned Documents
5. Correctional Administration – 10%
- Institutional Corrections
- Non-Institutional Corrections
6. Criminal Sociology – 15%
- Introduction to Criminology and Psychology of Crimes
- Philippine Criminal Justice System
- Ethics and Values
- Juvenile Delinquency and Crime Prevention
- Human Behavior and Crisis Management
- Criminological Research and Statistics
And these are the coverage of the Criminology Licensure Examination.
So, in the upcoming exam, you will have a high chance to pass!